We are so excited that Reidy Creek is once again participating in the Apex Fun Run as our main fundraiser for the year!
We had an amazing Apex Fun Run last year and profited $19,000.00. Our goal is to beat that! Funds from the event help with programs, including:
- teacher mini grants (e.g., supplies, events, etc.)
- school assemblies
- field trips
- staff appreciation events
- the Fine Arts Volunteer Educators (FAVE) art program
- after school enrichment activities (e.g., father/daughter dance, mother/son neon night, family game night, family science events, etc.).
The Apex program will be with our students from Tuesday, September 20th to Friday, September 30th teaching leadership and fitness as we raise pledges to help our school. Please look in your child’s folder and e-mails that will be sent to you from your teachers as the fun run gets nearer.
The actual run happens on Thursday, September 29th.
What is the Apex Fun Run?
Please feel free to visit www.apexfunrun.com to learn about this interactive program that helps schools all over the country raise money, while promoting leadership and fitness. This year’s character theme is Apex Legends, where students will follow Tikes, Seeds, Specs, Jazz, and Wheels through the pages of their legendary adventure to discover JJ Cortez’s hidden treasure. Along the way these five friends discover what it truly means to be a Legendary Leader:
- Never quit
How Does This Event Raise Money?
During the Apex Fun Run, students are challenged to get pledges for the laps they will run on Thursday, September 29th to help our school.
Students will run for 30 minutes and will run an average 26-36 laps, with the maximum amount of laps being 36 (each lap is 1/16th of a mile). Sponsors can pledge $1/lap, $2/lap, $5/lap (or any other amount) or alternatively pledge a flat rate for students.
All participants will receive an access code that allows you to enter pledges online. All students will receive Apex bands, race-day lap shirts, and team awards.
We Need Your Help!
The Apex Fun Run is a big event and your participation can help make it successful. Here are a few easy things you can do with you child:
- Watch the Apex theme videos on our Reidy Creek PTA Facebook page.
- Ask your child about the “Apex Legend” character lessons.
- Help connect your child to potential sponsors and help them acquire pledges from family, friends and contacts.
- Come to the Apex Fun Run and don’t forget to invite others to attend our fun-filled event, which will include a Health and Safety Fair!
- The Health and Safety Fair allows local organizations to join our students on campus the day of the event to promote healthy eating, physical activity, and community safety.
- The entire event will occur between approximately 8:30am and 11:30am.
Help volunteer for the race! We need a few parents to help cheer on students, mark laps, and pass out water and fruit.
Want to attend? Click here to see the running/health fair schedule by grade.