We are so excited that Reidy Creek is once again participating in the Apex Fun Run as our main fundraiser for the year!
We had an amazing Apex Fun Run last year and profited $22,800.00. Our goal is to beat that! Funds from the event help with programs, including:
- teacher mini grants (e.g., supplies, events, etc.)
- the Fine Arts Volunteer Educators (FAVE) art program
- family engagement events (e.g., Family Carnival Night, Family Science Night, etc.).
The Apex program will be with our students from Tuesday, September 19th to Friday, September 29th teaching leadership and fitness as we raise pledges to help our school. Please look in your child’s folder and e-mails that will be sent to you from your teachers as the fun run gets nearer.
The actual run happens on Thursday, September 28th.
What is the Apex Fun Run?
Please feel free to visit www.apexfunrun.com to learn about this interactive program that helps schools all over the country raise money, while promoting leadership and fitness. This year’s character theme is Apex United, where students will follow Sam, Rob, Wendy, Robin and Luke who together make up the United Squad. We catch up with our characters while the deceiving Mr. E is constantly testing them. With special powers provided by Omega these five friends will truly learn what it means to be united along with a surprise none of them saw coming. Why United? Because together we are more:
- No excuses
- Inspire Others
- Do your best
How Does This Event Raise Money?
During the Apex Fun Run, students are challenged to get pledges for the laps they will run on Thursday, September 28th to help our school.
Students will run for 30 minutes and will run an average 26-36 laps, with the maximum amount of laps being 36 (each lap is 1/16th of a mile). Sponsors can pledge $1/lap, $2/lap, $5/lap (or any other amount) or alternatively pledge a flat rate for students.
All participants will receive an access code that allows you to enter pledges online. All students will receive Apex bands, race-day lap shirts, and team awards.
We Need Your Help!
The Apex Fun Run is a big event and your participation can help make it successful. Here are a few easy things you can do with you child:
- Help connect your child to potential sponsors (family, friends, and local businesses) to acquire pledges.
- Ask your child about the “United” character lessons.
- Watch the Apex Parents Pep Rally https://vimeo.com/224399946
- Help volunteer for the race! We need a few parents to help cheer on students and mark laps. If you would like to volunteer for your student’s race, please show up on time and sign in on the blacktop. You can also contact Reidy Creek PTA, VP of Fundraising at email@example.com for any questions. Additional information will be posted on our website at http://www.reidycreekpta.com as well as our Facebook page.
- Come to the Apex Fun Run and don’t forget to invite others to attend our fun-filled event, which will include a Health and Safety Fair!
- The Health and Safety Fair allows local organizations to join our students on campus the day of the event to promote healthy eating, physical activity, and community safety.
- The entire event will occur between approximately 8:30am and 11:30am.
- Click here to see the running/health fair schedule by grade.