Okay, so you have read about what the PTA is and what it does, but the truth is that we couldn’t do anything without financial and logistical support. That’s where you come in! Below are some of the ways that you can offer support to the PTA and the kids of Reidy Creek Elementary. It includes volunteering your time and donating directly, passively or through in-kind giving.
Some parents have time. Some have money. Some have resources, connections or special talents to share. One thing is certain, each of us has something to give, and every gift – no matter how big or how seemingly small – makes a huge difference to our school.
How You Can Help
1. Come Share Your Talents!
Model LEADERSHIP for your child by volunteering your time and talents. There are a variety of ways you can contribute. Here are just a few examples:
- Help at School
- In-Class: Contact your students teacher to see how you can help in the classroom. Students love seeing their family helping in class.
- PTA Event: Check out the PTA calendar, email us at email@example.com, and volunteer your time for at least one event (your support can be organizing an event, event photographer, set up or take down for an event, etc.). Students love seeing their family helping on campus.
- PTA Support: We have various events that require member in-put (e.g., approving Mini Grants)…contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can help (you can volunteer as much time as works for you….we are all working parents).
- Help at Home
- Class Support: Contact your students teacher to see how you can help from your home. Students love seeing their family helping their class.
- PTA Event: Check out the PTA calendar, email us at email@example.com, and volunteer your time for at least one event (your support can be planning events, making signs/banners, etc.). We will work with you…we appreciate your time! Students love seeing their family helping for events.
2. Donate Directly or Passively
- Become a PTA Member
- Donate Money
- Reidy Creek PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all monetary donations (check preferred) would be tax deductible (confirm with your tax support). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a donation. Checks can be made payable to: Reidy Creek PTA
- Talk with your company. Some businesses will match your donation.
- Donate Non-Cash Items for a PTA Event
- Reidy Creek PTA regularly seeks non-cash donations as PTA events. Such donations include water and fruit to pass out to students to the Apex Fun Run; pizza gift certificates (or similar) for student participants in the Invention Convention; free raffle donations such as coffee, salon services, gift baskets, etc. for volunteer appreciation events. Contact us at email@example.com to inquire how can you make a non-cash donation. All donations would be tax deductible (confirm with your tax support).
- Raise Money
- Attend a Restaurant Event
- If you eat out at least once a month, considering joining the PTA at an upcoming restaurant event. A percentage of your purchase will be donated back to the PTA. Click here for a list of upcoming events.
- Sign up for eScrip, This is a fundraising program in which participating merchants donate money to our school. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- 1. Log onto www.escrip.com and enter “Reidy Creek Elementary PTA”
- 2. Register your debit and credit cards.
- 3. Shop!! The eScrip merchants will automatically donate a percentage of all your purchases to our PTA.
- Sign up for AmazonSmile. This is also a fundraising program. It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- 1. Log onto www.smile.amazon.com and search and select “Reidy Creek PTA”.
- 2. Register your account.
- 3. Shop! Amazon will automatically donate a percentage of all your purchases to our PTA as long as you shop through AmazonSmile.
- Attend a Restaurant Event
Want to Help but Still Not Sure How?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help direct you.
Here is what your support pays for (or helps to pay for):
Programs & Student Enrichment:
- Girls on the Run
- Mini-Grants (whatever the teachers request, including student events, supplies, equipment, activities, etc.)
- Literacy Program
- Leader In Me
- Fine Arts Volunteer Educators (FAVE) art program (e.g., supplemental supplies, FAVE Festival, Legacy Project)
- Invention Convention
- Family Events (Carnival Night, Father/Daughter Event, Science Night, Mother/Son Event, Movie Night, etc.)
- Member Events (Breakfast with Dads, Breakfast with Moms)
- 5th Grade Luncheon and Math Field Day
School Improvement/Faculty support
- Shade Funding
- School Equipment
- Volunteer Appreciation
- Teacher & Staff Appreciation