We are so excited that Reidy Creek is once again participating in the Apex Fun Run as our main fundraiser for the year! Click here for information in Spanish.
We had an amazing Apex Fun Run last year and profited just over $32,200.00. This was enough money to meet our goal of building a shade structure along the Kindergarten drop-off/pick-up area. This year’s goal is to do just as great! Funds from this year’s event help with programs, including:
- Shade structures (priority areas include the main playground and bus loop)
- Teacher mini-grants (e.g., supplies, events, etc.)
- The Fine Arts Volunteer Educators (FAVE) art program
- Family engagement events (e.g., Family Carnival Night, Family Science Night, etc.).
The Apex program will be with our students from Tuesday, September 18th to Friday, September 28th teaching leadership and fitness as we raise pledges to help our school. Please look in your child’s folder and e-mails that will be sent to you from your teacher beginning September 18th.
The actual Run Run happens on Thursday, September 27th.
- The Run Times for the Apex Fun Run are as follows:
- 8:30am – 9:30am Grades 4th and 5th
- 9:30am – 10:30am Grades Kinder/TK/ and 1st
- 10:30am – 11:30am Grades 2nd and 3rd
What is the Apex Fun Run?
Please feel free to visit www.apexfunrun.com to learn about this interactive program that helps schools all over the country raise money, while promoting leadership and fitness. This year’s character theme is Apex Strong. The goal of Apex is to build build leaders and change lives. At Reidy Creek, our teachers and staff work with Apex to integrate Apex Strong theme into class .
How Does This Event Raise Money?
During the Apex Fun Run, students are challenged to get pledges for the laps they will run on Thursday, September 27th to help our school.
Students will run for 30 minutes and will run an average 26-36 laps, with the maximum amount of laps being 36 (each lap is 1/16th of a mile). Sponsors can pledge $1/lap, $2/lap, $5/lap (or any other amount) or alternatively pledge a flat rate for students.
All participants will receive an access code that allows you to enter pledges online. All students will receive Apex bands, race-day lap shirts, and team awards. More information will be sent home with you child beginning September 17th.
We Need Your Help!
The Apex Fun Run is a big event and your participation can help make it successful. Here are a few easy things you can do with you child:
- Help connect your child to potential sponsors (family, friends, and local businesses) to acquire pledges.
- Ask your child about the “Strong” character lessons.
- Help volunteer for the race! We need parents to help cheer on students and mark laps. If you would like to volunteer for your student’s race, please show up on time and sign in on the blacktop. You can also contact Reidy Creek PTA, VP of Fundraising at email@example.com for any questions. Additional information will be posted on our Facebook page.
- Come to the Apex Fun Run and don’t forget to invite others to attend our fun-filled event, which will include a Health & Safety Fair!
- The Health & Safety Fair allows local organizations to join our students on campus the day of the event, Thursday, September 27th to promote healthy eating, physical activity, and community safety.
- The local organizations that will be on campus are:
- East/West MMA
- EUSD Nutritionst
- Kidz Care Dental
- Escondido Police Department
- Escondido Recycling
- The entire event will occur between approximately 8:30am and 11:30am. You can see the entire schedule (per grade and class) here.
- Click here for information in Spanish.