We need you more than you think…
(please do not toss away – read this today)
Its true, we really do. Now more than ever Reidy Creek PTA is in need of new faces, fresh ideas, and lots of extra hands. Here are some common concerns that parents have and that cause them not to join.
- I don’t have the time – What is more important than making a little extra time for our children.
- How much time is involved – It’s not as much time as you would think. It’s a volunteer program so you give what you can, and believe me every minute counts. So don’t worry about the time you can’t give and concentrate on the time you can
- What do I have to do- What ever you’re able to do. There are so many different ways to be involved. Come to our next PTA meeting and learn a little more.
- Change makes me uncomfortable- Change makes everybody uncomfortable, getting out there and getting involved is the first step.
- It seems so exclusive- The fact is we have over 700 students in our school and a small handful of parents willing to help out and be a part of PTA. We are there for one reason and one reason only, our kids. The sad truth is that the same parents volunteer year after year due to the fact that we simply don’t have enough people stepping up to the plate. We welcome any and everybody and guess what, we already have something in common….our kids
- Can I really make a difference- YES YOU CAN!!!!!! Bottom line: WE NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!
Not to go all 80’s old school on y’all… but in the words of Whitney Houston (rest in peace): I believe the children are our future, teach them well, and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children’s laughter remind us how we used to be.