Our February PTA meeting will be held Tuesday, February 26th @ 6:30pm in the MPR. As always, babysitting is provided. Please share this and help us get the word out.
This will be a very important meeting. As of yet, we still have no candidates for next year’s core PTA positions of President, Treasurer and Secretary. Without these 3 positions filled, we will not have a PTA next year. These are just some of the things that our school will not have without a PTA:
- The Accelerated Reader program and awards
- Our school-wide Ticket to Read program
- New Library Books
- FAVE supplies and equipment – Fine Arts Volunteer Educators
- Classroom mini-grants that pay for field trips, in-class assemblies, and supplies for many optional or extra-curricular learning opportunities.
- School-wide assemblies such as this year’s Red-ribbon week, Science Safari and the upcoming Literature Comes To Life.
- Invention Convention
- Family Nights such as our glow party and upcoming Alice in Wonderland night.
- Our annual yearbook.
- 5th Grade Luncheon, Kinder Tea, Bookfairs, and more.
Even if you can’t fill these positions, please come to the meeting to find out why it’s so important we have a PTA, what you can do, and how to help us get the word out.