If you want a personal tribute in the 2013-14 Reidy Creek Yearbook, it must be submitted by the end of Friday. Submissions can be made by returning the form to the school with payment, or by emailing the contents of your tribute and desired size to our yearbook coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). Payments must be received before the end of Friday.
This Thursday, April 3rd, come join us again for a night out with all your Reidy Creek families! We’ll be having a restaurant night at Chipotle, and Pick Up Stix in the Target shopping center at Auto Parkway and Valley Parkway. And save room for dessert! Because we’ll also be at Yogurtland next door!
Be sure to bring a copy of the flyers that were sent home. You can also print a copy from the PDFs below.
Thanks again for your continued support of the PTA, our programs and our school!
Chipotle Flyer - English
Chipotle Flyer - español
Pick Up Stix Flyer - English
Pick Up Stix Flyer - español
Yogurtland Flyer - English/español
We’ll be having another family night on Friday, April 4th from 6-8pm. Come hang out with your Reidy Creek friends and watch a movie on the campus. We’ll be holding our Buy-One-Get-One (BOGO) book fair on the same day, from 2pm to 7pm in the Sage den.
Look for more details coming soon here and through the coyote connection.
Our 2nd annual Fun Run is just over 2 weeks away. Last year’s was a huge success due to the hard work of our amazing volunteers. If you can give just an hour or two of your time, you can help ensure that this year’s is just as successful. Follow the link on the right side of our web page to sign up with volunteer spot and see how you can help. We so appreciate the support of our Reidy Creek families.
We need you more than you think…
(please do not toss away – read this today)
Its true, we really do. Now more than ever Reidy Creek PTA is in need of new faces, fresh ideas, and lots of extra hands. Here are some common concerns that parents have and that cause them not to join.
- I don’t have the time – What is more important than making a little extra time for our children.
- How much time is involved – It’s not as much time as you would think. It’s a volunteer program so you give what you can, and believe me every minute counts. So don’t worry about the time you can’t give and concentrate on the time you can
- What do I have to do- What ever you’re able to do. There are so many different ways to be involved. Come to our next PTA meeting and learn a little more.
- Change makes me uncomfortable- Change makes everybody uncomfortable, getting out there and getting involved is the first step.
- It seems so exclusive- The fact is we have over 700 students in our school and a small handful of parents willing to help out and be a part of PTA. We are there for one reason and one reason only, our kids. The sad truth is that the same parents volunteer year after year due to the fact that we simply don’t have enough people stepping up to the plate. We welcome any and everybody and guess what, we already have something in common….our kids
- Can I really make a difference- YES YOU CAN!!!!!! Bottom line: WE NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!
Not to go all 80’s old school on y’all… but in the words of Whitney Houston (rest in peace): I believe the children are our future, teach them well, and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children’s laughter remind us how we used to be.
We’ve got two great options for you this month to help support the programs at our school! This Thursday, bring the flyers below to either Souplantation or Blue Mug Coffee & Tea. A portion of your purchase will be donated back to the PTA by each of these businesses. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing all of our Reidy Creek teachers, staff and families on Thursday!
blue mug flyer
Our invention convention is fast approaching! Make sure you know the upcoming deadlines and requirements:
Feb 10 (Monday) : Bring your display boards to the MPR.
Feb 11 (Tuesday): 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade individuals and all teams will be presenting their inventions in the MPR. These inventors will be called from their classrooms beginning at 8:25am.
Feb 12 (Wednesday): 4th grade and 5th grade individuals will be presenting their inventions in the MPR. These inventors will be called from their classrooms beginning at 8:25am.
Bring your invention on the day that you are presenting to the MPR before school starts or with you when called from your classroom to present.
Individual entries will be given a total of 5 minutes to present and answer the judges’ questions.
Team entries will be given 10 minutes total to present and answer questions.
Team Tip: Divide the presentation among the group or have one do the presentation but everyone has to have a turn in answering the judges’ questions.
Invention Convention Team